The University Council looks after:
- Audit & Risk Management
- Nominations & Governance Review
- Senior Salaries
- University Mission
The Council is comprised of foundation members:
- The Right Reverend the Lord Bishop of Chester
- The Very Reverend the Dean of Chester
- The Vice-Chancellor
- The Deputy Vice-Chancellor
- Nine members with experience in the professions, commercial, industrial or educational life
And non-foundation members:
- The President of the Students' Union
- Two Staff Members of the Academic Council (who shall also be members of Senate and of the Academic Staff)
- One member of the support staff
- Eight persons with experience in the professions, commercial, industrial or educational life
The University of Chester is always seeking to recruit new members of its University Council, or Governing Body. Council members are a highly dedicated group of local people who work on a voluntary basis to set the University’s mission, vision and character, and to oversee its progress, financial health and the quality of all it does.
Further details of the role of a member of the University Council can be found here.
If you think you may have the skills, experience and personal qualities we are looking for and would like to become a member of the University Council, please write to: Adrian Lee, University Secretary, University of Chester, Parkgate Road, Chester CH1 4BJ, telephone 01244 511454 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The University Council particularly welcomes applications from members of ethnic minority groups, from women and from people with a disability.