This partnership is embedded within the evaluation, monitoring and review cycle of quality management and enhancement Further details of the process can be found in the relevant sections of the Quality and Standards Manual.
Staff student liaison meetings are held twice per year and the following Committees have student members as full members:
- Senate, its Committees and sub-committees
- Boards of Studies
Each module delivered is the subject of an evaluation, which takes place at or towards the end of module delivery. This evaluation provided online through each respective module's VLE.
There is a full student member of the following review panels:
- Faculty Academic Audit (FAA)
- Quinquennial review (QQR) of academic support departments
- Academic Periodic Review (current student & recent graduate)
- Relevant internal audits and working groups
- National Student Survey (NSS) - an independent survey run by Ipsos MORI on behalf of the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE), mainly for final year undergraduate students.
- First Year Experience Survey (FYES) - an internal survey that evaluates student engagement, student transition and the level four experience of first year undergraduate students.
- UK Engagement Survey (UKES) - an HEA collaborative survey that investigates undergraduate student engagement mainly at Level 5, providing an ongoing insight into the UoC student experience.
- Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES) - an HEA collaborative survey evaluating the full PGT experience at UoC, including how they are taught, supported and prepared for their future.
- Postgraduate Research Experience Survey (PRES) - an HEA collaborative survey evaluating the full PGR experience at UoC, including supervision and research culture.
For more information on the surveys, please visit: www.chester.ac.uk/studentvoice