Skip to content

Accommodation Fees

There are two ways in which you can pay your accommodation charges:

  • Three termly instalments during the academic year (the first week of each term September/January/April)
  • One payment in full at the beginning of the academic year

When you accept your bedroom online you will be asked to select which payment method.  Following your room allocation, you will receive an invoice for the years charges.   

Your accommodation invoice will be sent through the University finance system and will include a direct link for you to make payment or arrange payment plans.  All charges should be paid through the finance system.

Return Of Prepayment

Your deposit of £250 will be deducted from your third term's rent. If there is any damage or missing items an invoice will be sent to you.

Instalment Dates

2023/24 dates

29th Sept 2023

5th January 2024

26th April 2024

If you have a concern regarding your accommodation fees, please contact the Finance Office.

Direct Debits

Direct debits can only be processed if you have a UK bank or building society account, and you must ensure that your account accepts direct debits to be processed.

Any amendments to a direct debit must be received by the Finance Office at least 14 days prior to the payment being due.

To cancel a direct debit you must notify your bank and notify the Finance Office to ensure that no further payments are taken and this should be done at least 5 working days prior to the payment being due.

By agreeing to pay the direct debit you must ensure that there are sufficient funds available to meet the payment on the due date. If for any reason you find you do not have the funds available or are experiencing problems with your Student Finance Loan Payment, please do not hesitate to contact the Finance Department before the payment is due.

Failure to pay your fees on time could lead to you being evicted from the property and you will still be liable for the remainder of the fees including fines for the full academic year.

EU or International Students

If you are an EU or International student and do not hold a UK bank account the first instalment can be paid using cash, cheque, debit/credit card or bank transfer.

The remaining instalments are to be paid for by direct debit once you have opened a UK bank account. All payments must be made in pounds sterling.

When you have made a payment by bank transfer, please send an e-mail to to confirm that the payment has been made so that we can easily trace your payment.

Students With Financial Difficulties

If you find yourself with financial difficulties we would ask that you contact the Finance Department in the first instance. However Student Services or the Student Union can also be contacted for further advice and assistance.

It is important that once an arrangement has been made with the Finance Department you must keep to the agreement and any appointments that have been made. Failure to do so will result in further action being taken.

If A Student Fails To Pay

Any student that fails to pay their rent and so defaults on their contract will still be held liable to pay any outstanding fees and fines. This may also lead to you being required to vacate your accommodation.