Expertise from the University of Chester
Support is available from the University to new businesses based in Cheshire and Warrington including:
- Entrepreneurs – People with a business idea
- Pre-start businesses – A new business not yet registered
- SMEs – A small business trading less than 42 months
The programme provides a minimum of 12 hours fully-funded support through a range of activities depending on the individual needs:
- Business start-up (2 day workshop) - working on the value proposition of your business idea and using a Canvas Model to start getting an outline of a business plan together.
- Workshops – 3 hours – a range of business topics such as business planning, leadership and management, new product development.
- Masterclasses – 6 hours – including sales, funding and finance, HR and recruitment.
- One-to-one advice and mentoring – Each participant of the programme will be assigned to a Business Development Manager from the University who will conduct a business diagnostic to ensure the support is tailored accordingly
- Peer-to-peer support – Participants will benefit from the support and advice of peers, sharing top tips and best practice.
We will help you understand the priorities for your business, as well as what steps you need to take to grow your business.
Workshops and masterclasses
You can read more about the various workshops and masterclasses we offer to participants throughout the year by following our Eventbrite page.
Read about businesses who are feeling the benefits of business growth support from the University of Chester.
Top Tips for your business growth
Read the latest top tips from our Business Development Managers.
Apply now for business growth support
To find out more about the support available directly from the University of Chester please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Business Development Managers on: 01244 567 500
About the programme
The University of Chester is proud to be a delivery partner of the Cheshire & Warrington Business Growth Programme.
With a £2.7m investment of European Regional Development Funding (ERDF), this innovative programme brings together key business support providers across Cheshire and Warrington to offer businesses access to growth support services.
The programme utilises the specialist expertise and facilities available from the delivery partners which includes Higher and Further Education partners, Local Authority Growth Teams and several science and business parks within the sub-region.