Academic Quality Support Services (AQSS) is responsible for managing the University's processes to assure the quality and standards of its academic provision.
This includes oversight of the following activities.
- Approval, monitoring and review of programmes of study and those who deliver them, including the University's faculties and its partner institutions.
- Periodic review of the University's academic support service departments.
- Organisation of awards assessment boards, progression assessment boards and management of the external examiner system.
- Management of the procedures for dealing with academic appeals and academic integrity.
- Servicing of several University committees and of audits and working parties on different aspects of the University's work.
- Preparation of the University for institutional-level external quality assessment and review.
- Information about the University and its provision, including the production of Unistats data and Student Satisfaction Surveys
- To promote and support the active involvement and engagement of students in a wide range of the university's quality assurance and enhancement and other academic related activities
AQSS is headed by the Dean of Academic Quality & Enhancement, and forms part of Academic Quality and Enhancement along with the LTI (Learning and Teaching Institute) .
Its offices are at 24 Liverpool Road, Chester, a few minutes' walk from the main University campus.