Skip to content

Entry Requirements

Students who don’t meet the below entry requirements are still encouraged to apply as we consider each application on an individual basis. Consideration will be given to students who can prove they are able to fulfil course requirements and meet the academic standards expected.

Undergraduate Study

  • Reifezeugnis/Maturazeugnis with an overall grade 2 or above. For courses that require a specific subject at A Level, a grade 2 is required.
  • We can also accept grade 2 (gut) in English and Maths as GCSE equivalents.

Postgraduate Study

  • Recognised Bachelor’s degree with suitable grades.

English language entry requirements

Applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate that they have an appropriate level of English language to be eligible to study one of our foundation, undergraduate or postgraduate courses. The level of English required depends on the course applied for.

Further Information


EU Student Advice 2020/21

Does the UK’s decision to leave the European Union affect students from EU member states?

The UK's decision to leave the EU does not have any immediate implications for the status of EU students in the UK. EU students applying for a place at a university or further education institution in the UK for the 2020/21 academic year will continue to be eligible for ‘home fee status’, which means they will be charged the same tuition fees as UK students for the duration of their studies. 

Will students from EU member states still be able to apply for UK student loans or grants?

Current university students from the EU and those applying to courses starting in 2020/21 will not see any changes to their loan eligibility or fee status. This guarantee will apply for the full duration of the course, even if the course finishes after the UK has left the EU.

Will students from EU member states need a visa to study in the UK?

EU, non-EU EEA nationals and Swiss citizens and their eligible family members can still come to the UK (without requiring a visa) until the end of the transitional/ implementation period (31 December 2020).

If you plan to stay beyond 31 December 2020 (for example, because of the length of your course), you will need to apply online for the EU Settlement Scheme. Those arriving on and after 1 January 2021 will fall under the government's new immigration system which has not yet been confirmed. You can find out more information on the UKCISA website, link below.

Useful Links.

Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme: