Students who don’t meet the below entry requirements are still encouraged to apply as we consider each application on an individual basis. Consideration will be given to students who can prove they are able to fulfil course requirements and meet the academic standards expected.
- Successful completion of the HKCEE with 4 x E's in academic subjects or Form 5 in a minimum of 3 academic subjects (grades will be assessed on a case by case basis) or HKDSE with minimum grades 222 in relevant subjects
- Cambridge A Levels or International Baccalaureate Diploma
- UK foundation/pathway course with a pass mark of 50% and above. Engineering courses require an additional mark of at least 55% in a Maths module.
- HKDSE with grades 3-5 in 4 core subject areas and at least 1 elective subject. If a specific subject area is required, a grade 3 in that subject is needed.
- HKALE scored against UCAS tariff system
- Higher Diploma with C or above will be considered for 3rd year entry
- Associate Degree with good grades may be considered for 3rd year entry
- Bachelor's degree with a second class or above (or equivalent)
- Applicants for the MBA should have 2 years work experience, although well qualified and motivated individuals without this will be considered
English language entry requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate that they have an appropriate level of English language to be eligible to study one of our foundation, undergraduate or postgraduate courses. The level of English required depends on the course applied for.
We accept the following English Language qualifications:
- Undergraduate: Taken pre-2007 Grade C or above/ Taken post-2007 4 or above
- Postgraduate: Taken pre-2007 Grade C or above/ Taken post-2007 4 or above
HKDSE English Language
- Undergraduate: Level 3
- Postgraduate: Level 3
Hong Kong Use of English AS Level
- Undergraduate: C
- Postgraduate: C
More information can be found here: https://www1.chester.ac.uk/international/how-apply/entry-requirements