Students who don’t meet the below entry requirements are still encouraged to apply as we consider each application on an individual basis. Consideration will be given to students who can prove they are able to fulfil course requirements and meet the academic standards expected.
- Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education (Advanced level) at 65% or above
- National Diploma with good grades
- HND with good grades from a recognised institution may be considered for 3rd year entry
- Bachelor's degree issued after 2010 from a recognised institution will require GPA of 3.3 or above
- Bachelor's degree issued prior to 2010 from a recognised institution will require 60% or above
- Applicants for the MBA should have 2 years work experience, although well qualified and motivated individuals without this will be considered
English language entry requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate that they have an appropriate level of English language to be eligible to study one of our foundation, undergraduate or postgraduate courses. The level of English required depends on the course applied for.
We accept the following English Language qualifications:
GCE O Level English
- Undergraduate: C or above
- Postgraduate: C or above
More information can be found here: https://www1.chester.ac.uk/international/how-apply/entry-requirements