Skip to content


The Health Education Funding Reforms consultation resulted in significant changes to how some healthcare courses are funded.

If you are accepted onto a degree course starting after September 2017 that leads onto professional registration in a health-related career such as nursing, midwifery or nutrition and dietetics, you will need to apply for a tuition fee loan and maintenance loan to cover the costs of your learning. Further details can be found on the GOV.UK student finance website.

The NHS Learning Support Fund can provide limited financial assistance to certain students, more details will be available on the NHS Business Services Authority website.


Social Work Bursary

If you are accepted onto our Social Work course, you may be eligible for a Social Work Bursary of which there are a limited number. The NHS Business Services Authority administers bursaries to students studying approved degree courses in social work on behalf of the Department of Health.

The undergraduate and postgraduate bursary incudes a non-income assessed basic grant and a Placement Travel Allowance. Postgraduate students may also be eligible for a maintenance grant (means-tested) and financial support with tuition fees.

The most up-to-date information on the Social Work Bursary Scheme can be found on the NHS Business Services Authority website.