An MBA is considered as the ‘gold standard’ in management and leadership education. Our MBA course nurtures whole-person leadership development, aiming to equip you in achieving career success and your personal ambitions.
The part-time Master of Business Administration (with CIPS accreditation) is the ideal route for ambitious CIPS members to take the next step in career advancement and achieve Chartered Status, showing their commitment to procurement excellence as well as achieving a globally recognised postgraduate qualification.
Why Study MBA (Master of Business Administration) Part-Time with us?
During the Chester MBA, you will develop expertise in business management knowledge and leadership thinking across a broad range of areas: strategic supply chain management, human resource management, finance, marketing, operations, creative-thinking and strategy. The Chester MBA aims to hone your practical leadership and management skills, and develop your policy-making capabilities. The MBA with CIPS accreditation is the ideal route for procurement professionals to advance their careers in the procurement and supply chain profession. The content of the programme has been aligned to the Advanced Professional competency level in the CIPS Global Standard in Procurement and Supply.
Chartered Status demonstrates a level of skill, ability, knowledge and experience above fully qualified membership status or MCIPS.
Global networking opportunities – The Chester full-time MBA is an attractive course to UK, EU and international students, offering postgraduate students the opportunity to build a network of business professionals whilst studying, and to connect with the UK’s wider business community. All of this is enhanced by the University’s links with wider organisations.
As a place to live and learn, Chester is a thriving, historic and culturally rich city. Chester is well served by motorway and railway networks, providing frequent, fast rail links to London and other major cities in the UK.
Key features of the Chester MBA
- A highly successful track record of delivering MBA courses to managers in a variety of organisations
- The MBA teaching team has passionate, research-driven academics, who are experienced business professionals.
- Action learning, problem based learning and experiential learning both in the class room and out on study visits
- Exciting study visits include a leadership retreat in Snowdonia and an away day at Manley Mere*
- One-to-one tutorial support and learning action groups offer a supportive network for students to study and socialise
- Students can customise their own MBA with a choice specialism to match their career goals**.
- Opportunities to work on real life business problems and projects
*optional **Note: all specialisms are available subject to demand.
Open Days 2017
Visit us at an Open Day and find out what it’s really like to study at the University of Chester.
- Saturday 28th October (MA Art Therapy only)