The course focuses on the development of students’ understanding of the core principles and practice of working with children, young people and their families, and the development of inter-disciplinary thinking and practice. It includes the study of key issues facing children and young people, as well as practitioners, and there are opportunities to focus your studies and assignments on particular aspects of your curent work and those that are particular interest to you.
Why Study Childhood and Youth Professional Studies with us?
The course supports you to develop your understanding of the relationship between theory and practice:
- Content is related to current issues and practice in working with children, young people and their families.
- Varied forms of assessment are used with opportunities to incorporate projects that you may be engaged in at work.
- You are able to deepen your own, and each other’s roles to support the development of a multi-disciplinary approach to working with children, young people and their families.
- Active encouragement for you to identify your own learning and development priorities.
- Encouragement for employer engagement to support work-related projects
Open Days 2017
Visit us at an Open Day and find out what it’s really like to study at the University of Chester.
- Saturday 28th October (MA Art Therapy only)