If you are a first-time undergraduate student from England, you will need to apply for student finance through Student Finance England. To do this you will need to:
- Set up a student finance account online
- Log in and complete your application
- Include details of your household income and get your parents (or partner) to support your application, if needed
- Send in proof of identify, if needed
- Sign and return the loan declaration which you should receive in the post within 6 weeks of submitting your application
What You Will Need
To find out what you will need to successfully complete your application take a look at this useful video.
Please note that you can go back and change the information on your application at any point during the application stage, so don’t worry if you’re not certain about what university to choose just yet.
When to Apply
The opening date for commencing the student finance application process will be announced in 2017, so don’t forget to keep an eye on the Student Finance England website.
Want to Know More?
To help make things a little clearer, take a look at the following video which provides a brief summary of the application process.