This course offers a chance to study one of the world’s leading and most dynamic industries in conjunction with gaining valuable language skills in one of four modern languages – French, German, Spanish or Chinese. You will learn about how places manage and benefit from tourism and will have the chance to learn your chosen language in the context of tourism management. Areas you may explore further include destination planning, sustainable tourism, industry-related topics and how tourism businesses operate. You will also gain communication skills and learn about the business, tourism, social and cultural environment in an international context.
Why Study International Tourism Management with a Language with us?
Studying International Tourism Management with a Language at Chester offers an excellent place to study, here are a few reason why:
- We have excellent employability rankings.
- Our Tourism team are student focused, and bring a wealth of experience and knowledge to their teaching.
- The city of Chester is a live case study, and attracts over 8 million visitors per year.
- Field trips play an important part in the course.
- We have brought in visiting speakers from tourism organisations.
- We are members of Tourism Concern, and are passionate about sustainable and responsible tourism management.
Open Days 2017
Visit us at an Open Day and find out what it’s really like to study at the University of Chester.
- Saturday 28th October (MA Art Therapy only)