Skip to content

Can I leave my car on campus or at my accommodation while at university?

Due to restrictions on parking spaces and environmental considerations, the University regrets that it is not possible to extend parking facilities to students living on or close to the University, except for the purpose of delivering personal belongings at the beginning of term and collecting them at the end of term. 

Residential Students are not eligible to apply for a parking permit – if you have any query about this, please contact The Estates and Facilities Department at

Are utility bills included?

Yes, university-owned accommodation rates include utility bills.

There’s a problem with my room, who should I speak to?

Issues / Requests such as this are handled by our Facilities Helpdesk, within the Estates and Facilities Department.  You can contact them in the following ways:  

When contacting the Helpdesk, please include:

  • Your name
  • Your student number
  • The building you live in and your room number
  • As much details as possible about your query

Once you've completed your request, the Helpdesk will email you a reference number so you can track your request online.

A member of the Facilities team will attend your request as soon as possible, and email you when it’s been completed. They aim to complete all requests first time but if this isn’t possible, they’ll let you know.

Please remember, by raising a request you’re giving your permission for our teams to enter your accommodation.

Can I transfer to a different room?

Please email the Accommodation Team and request a transfer form.

Applications are considered on a first come first served basis, however, students with medical or welfare issues will be dealt with in the first instance. Please note that completing an application form does not guarantee you a different residence. If you do move to an alternative bedroom, please be aware that there is an administration charge of £25 during the 2022/23 academic year. Transfers can be authorised by the Accommodation Office Co-ordinator or Senior Operations Manager.

During induction week, the accommodation team will be available in the Binks building on main campus to answer enquiries. Warrington students are advised to contact their Accommodation Office.

For more information consult our moving or leaving accommodation page.

I’m leaving University, who should I speak to?

If you are withdrawing from University, please contact the Accommodation Team and request an accommodation withdrawal form. Charges will apply – please refer to your contract. Withdrawal forms must be submitted in advance of your departure and must be authorised. Withdrawals can be authorised by the Accommodation Office Co-ordinator or Senior Operations Manager.

For more information consult our moving or leaving accommodation page.

I’m not leaving University, but I’ve moved out of University accommodation – will I still be charged?

Yes, you will be charged for the full residential year. Your deposit will also be withheld. Please refer to your contract and contact the Accommodation Office.

Can I stay in my accommodation all year?

Depending on the type of accommodation you have been offered, the contract with either be for 33 or 39 week periods. Once you have accepted your accommodation and the terms and conditions of the contractual agreement, you will be liable for the cost of the accommodation for the entire academic year.

If you have a 33 week contract (full board accommodation) you will be required to move out of your accommodation during the Christmas and Easter periods. Areas will be available for your use for items to be stored. If you require accommodation during the holiday periods, please let the Residential Living Team know and we will try to arrange an alternative room.

If you have a 39 week contract (self and semi catered accommodation) you will not be required to vacate your bedrooms during the holidays and the bedroom is yours for the full academic year.

Some rooms are available for students who wish to stay on during the Summer months. In order to arrange accommodation, please contact the Accommodation Office who will be happy to help.

I need accommodation over the holidays, can you help?

The Residential Living Team will have a select number of rooms to offer students over the Easter, Christmas, and Summer months.  You will be contacted by the Residential Living Team in advance with further details.

What are the meal schemes?

The schemes are designed for students living in self-catered accommodation, private sector accommodation or living at home.  They ensure regular and healthy meals by entitling students to eat at our dining rooms.

Further information can be found on our meal schemes page.

What meals are provided for full-board students?

The University of Chester offers a wide range of freshly cooked meals from an imaginative menu, served in a number of catering outlets located on or around each campus. Each outlet offers a different style of food, so there is something to please everyone’s taste and budget. We offer both traditional meals and internationally inspired dishes and healthy options, with the University holding the ‘Chester and District Eat Well’ award, meaning the University is committed to healthy eating and high standards of food hygiene. In addition to this, the University has also been awarded Fair-trade status. The Catering Department also caters for a wide range of specific diets and all units and residential diners have the choice of vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals.

Contact Information

Accommodation Office