Skip to content

Adapted Rooms

Some rooms in University accommodation have been specially adapted for students with specific needs or disabilities.  If you have a disability or medical condition that impacts on your need for a specific type of accommodation, you must ensure that you contact the Disability and Inclusion Office at the point of your accommodation application.

Disability and Inclusion can be contacted by email: and telephone: 01244 511550.

Medication Storage

If you require a fridge for storing medication, please contact the Residential Living Office in advance of your arrival and we will provide one. 

Quiet Accommodation

The University has a number of accommodation units that we reserve for those students who require a more peaceful place to study. All students allocated to these areas will have selected quiet accommodation on their application form and the University would expect students to adhere to this policy during the tenancy.

Alcohol-Free Accommodation

This year the University of Chester is offering students an option of living in alcohol-free accommodation. The offer will be subject to availability and dependent on how popular this type of accommodation is. It may be a house or a group of flats depending on the number of applications we receive.

If you wish to apply for this type of accommodation you can do so by answering yes to the question about your preference for an alcohol-free environment on the accommodation application form.

If you accept your offer of alcohol free accommodation you will have entered into an agreement not to drink alcohol in your apartment. If you do so you will be moved to another residence/apartment of our discretion. Please see terms and conditions of occupancy for further details.

Please note we cannot guarantee an offer of alcohol-free accommodation to all who apply for it.

Students with Families

The University does not currently have accommodation suitable for family living. Students with families seeking accommodation should contact the Residential Living Office as soon as possible. The Residential Team will be able to provide students with information about local landlords and letting agents in the Chester area. As the majority of private sector accommodation in Chester caters for individual or groups of students please allow sufficient time to find something suitable in the private sector.

The University has a nursery at Creative Campus, Kingsway. For school-age children, please contact the relevant local education authority for further information.

Contact Information

Accommodation Office